About the Australian Embassy in Lao PDR
Head of Mission
HE Mr Jean-Bernard Carrasco, Australian Ambassador to the Lao PDR
Mr Carrasco, a senior career officer with DFAT, was most recently Assistant Secretary, South‑East Asia Strategies Branch. He has also served as Assistant Director-General, Climate Change and Environment Branch, AusAID; and Senior Adviser to the Minister Assisting the Minister for Climate Change. He has previously worked overseas as Minister Counsellor at the Australian Embassy in Jakarta.
Mr Carrasco holds a Graduate Diploma of Environmental Science from the Australian National University and a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) from the University of Sydney.
Km 4, Thadeua Rd, Watnak Village, Sisattanak District,
Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR
P.O. Box 292
+856-21 353 800
+856-21 353 801
Australian Embassy Clinic Vientiane Updated on 1 March 2018
The Embassy is open from 8:30am to 5:00 pm Monday to Friday except for embassy holidays.
Passport and Notarial services are available by appointment only between the hours of 9.00am and 4.00pm, Monday to Friday.
For these services a prior appointment is required, and can be made by calling +856 21 353800, or by emailing [email protected] for consular and notarial services, or [email protected] for passport services. For general enquiry please email to [email protected]
Public Holidays in 2021
the Embassy will be closed on:
- Friday, 1 January 2021 - New Year's Day
- Monday, 8 March 2021 - International Women's Day
- Friday, 2 April 2021 - Good Friday
- Monday, 5 April 2021 - Easter Monday
- Wednesday, 14 April 2021 - Lao New Year Holiday
- Thursday, 15 April 2021 - Lao New Year Holiday
- Friday, 16 April 2021 - Lao New Year Holiday
- Monday, 3 May 2021 - Lao Labour Day (In Lieu)
- Monday, 31 May 2021 - Reconciliation Day
- Friday, 26 November 2021 - That Luang Festival
- Thursday, 2 December 2021 - Lao National Day
- Monday, 27 December 2021 - Christmas Day
- Tuesday, 28 December 2021 - Boxing Day (In Lieu)
- Wednesday, 29 December 2021 - Additional DFAT day