About the Australian Embassy in Lao PDR
Head of Mission
HE Mr Jean-Bernard Carrasco, Australian Ambassador to the Lao PDR
Mr Carrasco, a senior career officer with DFAT, was most recently Assistant Secretary, South‑East Asia Strategies Branch. He has also served as Assistant Director-General, Climate Change and Environment Branch, AusAID; and Senior Adviser to the Minister Assisting the Minister for Climate Change. He has previously worked overseas as Minister Counsellor at the Australian Embassy in Jakarta.
Mr Carrasco holds a Graduate Diploma of Environmental Science from the Australian National University and a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) from the University of Sydney.
Km 4, Thadeua Rd, Watnak Village, Sisattanak District,
Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR
P.O. Box 292
+856-21 353 800
+856-21 353 801
Australian Embassy Clinic Vientiane Updated on 1 March 2018
The Embassy is open from 8:30am to 5:00 pm Monday to Friday except for embassy holidays.
Passport and Notarial services are available on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9.00AM to 12.00 noon.
For these services a prior appointment is required, and can be made by calling +856 21 353800, or by emailing [email protected] for consular and notarial services, or [email protected] for passport services.
Public Holidays in 2020
the Embassy will be closed on:
- Wednesday 1 January 2020 - New Year's Day
- Monday 9 March 2020 - International Women's Day (in lieu)
- Friday 10 April 2020 - Good Friday
- Monday 13 April 2020 - Easter Monday
- Tuesday 14 April 2020 - Lao New Year Holiday
- Wednesday 15 April 2020 - Lao New Year Holiday
- Thursday 16 April 2020 - Lao New Year Holiday
- Friday 1 May 2020 - Lao Labour Day
- Monday 1 June 2020 - Reconciliation Day
- Friday 30 October 2020 - That Luang Festival
- Wednesday 2 December 2020 - Lao National Day
- Friday 25 December 2020 - Christmas Day
- Monday 28 December 2020 - Additional DFAT day
- Tuesday 29 December 2020 - Additional DFAT day