The Australian Department of Defence has the following vacant an on-going position at the Australian Embassy:
This role presents exciting career and learning opportunities, including the opportunity to work collaboratively across the Embassy and contribute to the development of Australia’s Defence relationship with the Lao PDR. We are seeking an experienced and dynamic individual to fill the role, with the ability to work independently and as part of a small team.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Tertiary or professional qualifications and/or at least five years’ experience in a related field.
- Fluency in both English and Lao languages and strong written and oral communication skills in both languages.
- Demonstrated experience providing financial, budgetary or office management.
- Experience writing high-level reports for management.
- Excellent knowledge of computer applications and strong computer literacy skills.
- An interest in, and understanding of, Australian society and culture.
- Work experience in a relevant environment such as government, Defence, NGO’s or the private sector.
- Experience managing relationships with government.
The Australian Embassy is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applicants will be considered on their merits.
To apply for a position at the Australian Embassy, applicants must prepare a written statement of purpose. The position description and full application instructions can be found on the above link.