Visa processing arrangements for Laos from 1 July 2017
We are continually looking to improve visa processing arrangements.
We have expanded our online immigration services to provide easy access for our clients around the world. People residing in Laos can apply for temporary and permanent visas to Australia and lodge citizenship by descent applications online through ImmiAccount.
From 1 July 2017, visa application processing for people residing in Laos has relocate from our office in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam to our office in Bangkok, Thailand.
You can continue to lodge your visa application through your ImmiAccount.
From 3 July 2017, you can also lodge your visa application at the Australian Visa Application Centres (VFS Global) in Bangkok and Chiang Mai, Thailand.
Processing times will not be affected.
More information on visa processing arrangements, including contact details for the Australian Visa Application Centres is available from our frequently asked questions fact sheets for Laos.
- Priority processing for complete Visitor and Short Stay Activity visa applications lodged on-line
- New sponsor requirements for Partner and Prospective Marriage visa applications - from 18 November 2016
- Member of the Family Unit definition change - from 19 November 2016
- Changes to Temporary Activity Visas including the subclass 400 visa - from 19 November 2016
- Online visa lodgement
Fees & Application Forms
The current fee and application form for visas is available on the Department of Immigration and Border Protection website. Fees and Charges
Visa and Citizenship Options
- Find a Visa - Australian Visa Wizard
- Temporary Work
- Temporary Activity
- Family Migrants
- Returning Residents
- How to Apply
- After you apply
- Fees and Charges
- Processing Times
- Australia's Health Requirements
- Visa labels
The information on this website is meant as supplementary, country specific information to that contained in the main DIBP website – http://www.border.gov.au/.
We value your feedback, compliments, complaints or suggestions. See: Provide Feedback
Last updated 5 July 2017