The Australian Embassy in Vientiane and Australian Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City receive a significant amount of correspondence each day and while we aim respond to all communication in a timely manner, please read the information contained on this website before making contact with us.
Please note, we aim to decide 75 per cent of visa applications in the timeframe specified for the relevant visa category.
See: Processing times
See: Visa Labels
Still Need More Information?
For visa and citizenship enquiries and enquiries related to lodging visa applications and visa requirements the office hours for the visa and citizenship section at the Australian Embassy, Vientiane are:
- Telephone Enquiries: Monday, Wednesday and Friday 1:30 pm - 4:00 pm
- Application lodgement: Monday, Wednesday and Friday 9:00 am - 12:00 noon
- Email: email@example.com
- +856 2 135 3800
Useful email addresses:
- For enquiries related to visa applications being processed by the DIBP office in Ho Chi Minh City: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: if you are seeking an update on the status of your visa application and it is within advertised application processing times, you will not receive a response to your email.
- For queries related to ImmiAccount and online lodgement issues: www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Immi/immiaccount-technical-support-form
- For queries related to eLodged Resident Return visas: email@example.com
The Department of Immigration and Border Protection is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 not to disclose any information related to applications to any person other than the applicant, authorised persons or authorised agents. If you are not one of the above mentioned people, we are prohibited from releasing specific information about the application to you. If you wish to be an authorised person, please complete form 956.
Last updated 24 May 2017